Designing and Using an Employment
maintaining an employment portfolio is a good way to:
1. Keep a record of your career and educational
2. Demonstrate to a job interviewer what you have to offer.
3. Support you when you are up for an internal raise or
So what is an employment portfolio? It is a folder, where
you compile documentation supporting your accomplishments.
Items to consider including are:
1. Resume and cover letter.
2. Letters of recommendation.
3. Performance evaluations.
4. Tech or University transcripts.
5. Training certificates, certifications and licenses.
6. Samples of work or papers.
7. Award certificates.
The portfolio works extremely well in demonstrating your
ability to perform certain tasks or achieve accomplishments.
For the new graduate or individual who has difficulty
interviewing, referring to the your portfolio to show
examples can be extremely helpful.
When interviewing, don't be afraid to let the employer see
the portfolio. Introduce it when answering a question or
simply place it on the desk in front of you (after getting
permission) to grab the interviewers' attention.