As a small business owner you want
to employ and select the right people for your business.
Having a good set of staff will attract new customers, grow
your business, and increase profits. All because you asked
the right questions and you found the right fit. You can
start with asking yourself these questions:
* What are the benefits to hiring this person?
* How can I capture the skills, values and talent that will
be the right fit for my business?
* What are the essential ingredients that will attract the
* How will I be able to identify those elements of teamwork,
commitment and enthusiasm that are so vital to success?
Small business owners can use clever questioning techniques
that will target selecting the right candidates. You want to
be impressed by their strengths, talents, skills, knowledge
and potential. So how are you going to identify those unique
qualities and gain the value that you want? How are you
going to communicate that value?
10 questions to ask that will certainly provide you with the
information you are looking for:
1. Why do you want to apply for this job?
2. How do you prioritise your work and how do you stay
3. How do you handle stress?
4. What are your short and long term goals?
5. What are your strengths?
6. What can you offer us?
7. Please describe where and when you have been a team
8. How do you deal with conflict?
9. How do you organize your work?
10. Tell me about a time when you had to get a job done in
Interviewing is about finding the right candidate for a
position. Proper questions reveal the most promising
candidate for a hiring manager. Before interviewing, write
down the characteristics the ideal candidate would possess
and try to tailor your questions around those attributes.
Also, open ended questions make applicants create a clearer
image of who they are for the hiring manager.
Debbie founded Resumes Online
and comes with over twenty years experience of successful
employer and employee coaching for companies, organisations
and individuals. Debbie is a Certified Employment Interview
Professional (CEIP), Certified Executive Coach, Professional
Resume Writer, Certified NLP Practitioner & Qualified
Trainer. Debbie's experience and professionalism has enabled
her to continue to provide a valuable and valued service for
clients seeking new employment opportunities. Visit Resumes
Online website at:
http://www.resumesonline.com.au or email Debbie